Thursday, September 22, 2016

my sweet Cole

He notices Isla rubbing her face the way she does when she's getting tired.  "Isla's sleepy, Mom!"  So he gently shakes her carseat to soothe her to sleep, all the while humming his tuneless version of the "Star Wars" theme song.  After she drifts off, he enthusiastically tells me, "I did it, Mom!  I put Isla to sleep! She really loves me!"


I hear him downstairs with Chase while I nurse Isla upstairs.  "ME YUV YOU COLE!"  "I love you too buddy!" "COLE, CAN YOU H'ELP ME? ME ALL DONE!" "Sure, I'll help you! Let's wash your hands and face... now can you hold out your arms for me?  Ok, that's it... whee, lets jump down! Good job buddy! Want to come play?"


While seeing an impending epic tantrum from Chase over a desired baseball card, he says, "That's ok, he can just have it.  I don't want him to be sad."


"Who's the prettiest baby?  Who's the best baby girl?"  "Mama, I think Isla's just the best baby!"


In almost every single interaction with his little brother and sister, Cole is the BEST.  I cannot imagine a sweeter, more genuinely kind older sibling.  He is gentle and kind, endlessly thoughtful, patiently explaining each step as he helps them with their various needs.  He's Isla's favorite person, who can always coax a smile from her almost instantly.  He's Chase's buddy he goes running to when he's upset ("ME NEED COLE! ME WANT COLE RIGHT NOW!").  




If Cole grows up to be a daddy with half the patience, kindness, and gentle spirit he has now, I can't wait to see what wonderful things will happen in the next two generations.  I'm so proud of my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...